background

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ellie's first real injury and Spaghetti night

Sunday morning as I was getting Ellie ready for church and she got curious about her lamp. She discovered that it was a touch lamp and that she could touch it and turn it on and off. Well, as I was getting her some shoes, she discovered that her light bulb was extremely hot. Here is the evidence. I instantly ran her to the bathroom and ran her hand under cold water. She screamed for about an hour. We called the doctor and they called in some cream that they use in the hospital. After about 15 minutes of having the cream on, she finally calmed down and fell asleep. When she woke up from her nap, it was like nothing had ever happened. She played and had a great rest of the day. So far she is still the same way.

Tonight was spaghetti night. I have been trying to teach Ellie to use a fork and spoon to feed herself. She did an okay job once I showed her how to stab the noodles (I didn't fix normal spaghetti noodles, I fixed the spiral type). Here are a few pictures from her feeding frenzy.






No comments: