background

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ellie and Dora

Well, Ellie has discovered Dora the Explorer. Anyone that has been around her in the last week or so knows what I am talking about. The child is obsessed with her! She goes around begging me to let her watch it. In fact, when I really need to get something done, I know I can rely on Dora to babysit. I know... I'm a horrible mother for letting TV babysit my child.

Well, I have to admit that I really like the fact that Ellie is learning a little spanish. It's pretty funny to hear her talk. For example, last weekend we went to Grandbys and Papa's to spend the night. While at the breakfast table Sunday morning, Ellie breaks out into Dora dialog.

Ellie:"Lets stop and think..." (picture Ellie turning a little to the side and her hand on her chin like she is thinking) "What do we use when we don't know where to go?"

All of us: Breaks into laughter!

Well, Ellie thought that was funny too and continues to do it. When we were all finished, she told Uncle Tody (thats how she says his name) "Vamonos!"

We can not get into the car without her begging to watch Dora. I guess these new videos Josh bought for her today will be great for our 10hr trip to Daytona in July.

No comments: