background

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A New Adventure

So I know I haven't been blogging lately, but I haven't really had anything to blog about. Losing a job and being depressed all the time isn't really what you want to hear. So, I've just kept to myself and have been trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. I think I may have found something that might make me a little money.

I want to be a photographer.

I wish that I could be as good as others like Heather Bookout of Huntsville, but hopefully over time I will get there. I may be biased, but I think I have been taking some good pictures here lately. I have been reading the manual that came with my camera (who cares that it was purchased three years ago and I am just now learning about it) and I have figured out some things. I also have been playing around with my iphotos and recently purchased an upgrade (ilife) for my macbook. So I can do a little bit with these photos. I really really want to purchase photoshop cs5 so I can do so many amazing things with them, but because it is so expensive, I think I will have to get a few jobs under my belt first. Or maybe I can talk my wonderful husband into buying it for me. ;)

If you or a friend needs some photos taken, I will be glad to do them. I am still figuring out prices (I am trying to see what the competition has). I want to be reasonable but still be able to make a profit.

I am going to leave you with a few of my recent pictures that are my favorite. Maybe someone will see these and say "hey these are great! I want her to do some pictures for me!" And thus my business gets started! I apologize that they are all of my daughter Ellie, but she's all I have to practice on. Oh, I am putting in one of my nephew Colt cause its cute and my sister won't care.
















No comments: