background

Thursday, April 3, 2008

First week back

Well, my first week back to school is almost over with. I feel bad for saying this, but I'm glad to get back to my normal routine. I was ready to see how life would be with a little one and us getting ready for work. I have to say that Josh helped me alot this week in the mornings. I will usually feed her and then put her in bed with him to fall asleep while I get ready. So far, it has been working out.

Last night was a bad night for me though. Ellison is apparently going through a growth spurt and wants to eat ever two hours! She had gotten to where she would sleep for about 5-7 hours at night and then start waking up every 3-4 hours. Last night she decided that she wanted to eat every two hours starting at 12:00. I didn't go to bed until 10 because I had to get all of her stuff ready for the next day. I was up at 12, 2, and 4. At 4 she decided that she would rather play. This did not please me. One reason I hated it so, was I had to wake up for school at 5:30. So her not going to sleep by 4:30 was not okay with me!! Another reason, I had the worse case of sinus problems!! My head was throbbing, I couldn't breath, my face was sore feeling, and my eyes were watering. I just wanted to go to bed!!!!!!!! I got so upset and just took her to bed with me thinking that if I got her comfortable and warm between me and Josh that she would just fall to sleep. Boy was I wrong. She just wanted to play. I laid there begging her to sleep and Josh wakes up and saves me. He took her to the living room and played with her for the next hour so I could get a few more minutes of sleep!! That 45 minutes was heaven! Well, I got up and took my shower and dried my hair. By now it's 6 and I figure she will eat again. So I try to nurse her and she eats for 5 minutes and she is out like a light. I could not wake her to save my life!! That little turd!! If I didn't love her so much, I might would have chewed her out!

Anyways, I feel like I am finally back to my "normal" self. I was really anxious to see how I could handle work and a baby. So far, so good. The next question is how am I going to handle a baby and coaching? I have a feeling that both sets of grandparents will get to see alot of her!

No comments: