background

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

ALL THE WAY TO STATE!

Well, my softball girls have made it to the second round of sub-state! It is the first time in 15 years that ANY team at Woodville has ever made it this close to state!! Me and Cindy worked so hard to get these girls prepared for this one day. My only regret is that I can't be out there on the field with them. I had Ellie at the wrong time. But of course I would never take it back. I just really miss being out there and really sharing this with them.

I do hate the fact that everyone thinks that Charlie is "THE MAN" because he is practically the coach. The really believe that he is the reason they made it this far. Well, talking to my seniors tonight after the game, they coach themselves. I told one of the girls to run to second if she got walked because they weren't paying attention and she could sooo easily get there. I told Charlie to do the same thing. Well Morgan did it and then Charlie (I guess) decided that I was right and he started doing it with everyone else. It worked! They got up 12-0. But did I get the credit for it? NOOO! Charlie did. He even told the newspaper that the difference between this year and last year is that he doesn't pressure the girls. They are just out there to have fun and that I pressured them so much they couldn't focus right. See, to give you a little history, we made it to the first round of sub-state and lost out.

It just really upsets me that I can't be out there with the girls. I so miss it!! Oh, well. I guess I could look forward to next year, but then again, I won't have anyone!! My team will be horrible!!

Well, I am just rambling so I will stop and go to bed.

No comments: