background

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Nite-nite mommy daddy

Tonight Josh and I got tucked in bed by Ellie. She just decided that it was time for us to go to sleep. She took all her Brobee dolls to Josh and told him... no pushed his head down... and told him nite nite. Gave him a kiss and walked off. Then she came to me and did the same thing. I asked for a pillow (since I was in the floor) and she brought me one. She pushed my head up telling me "up mommy up." I got up, she put the pillow down, told me to lay down, then put her hands on my face and asked me if I wanted a blanket. I told her yes, and she brought me one. Then told me nite nite. She is so funny!

----------------------------------
Speaking of night time, Ellie has finally gotten out of me rocking her to sleep. I have been wanting this day to come. Usually when I get most of the stuff done around the house is after she goes to sleep. So, having her to just want to go straight to the bed is great!! It's great, but I already miss rocking her!! I didn't think I would feel that bad, but I do. At least she still likes to sit with me and watch cartoons. I guess I can handle that.

---------------------------------
Tomorrow is Ellie's Christmas party at daycare. I feel horrible that I didn't get the kids anything!! I just haven't had the time, and plus what do you get 2yrs old and under? Maybe I won't be the only one to have done that! I hope that Ellie likes Santa Claus. This will be the first time ever that she has seen him up close and personal! We didn't make it last year, and so far haven't this year (I know we are horrible parents)!! I am going to take my camera and leave it there for Sarah and Jessie to make some pictures. I hope they turn out good. I really would love to have some great pictures. Maybe she will have a great time. Wish I could be there too.

No comments: