background

Friday, February 25, 2011

The worse year to date!!

At 4:45 Thursday afternoon, my world was literally turned upside down. I had left the softball field all excited to get to see the Varsity team play that night. I decided to run home and get Ellie some milk and then go pick her up. I pull into my driveway, open the garage door, and I walk inside.

I drop my things in the floor by the kitchen table and realize that the back door was wide open. My first initial thought was the wind got so rough that it opened the door, but then I saw that the tv was gone and all the lights were on. Panic! My heart was racing. I ran out the door, called Josh (who couldn't really understand me) and I slowly walked back in. It was like I was not looking at my house. I just couldn't believe it. I looked out the back door to make sure that no one was in the house and I walked through, surveying the mess. I walked back out and called 911. I stayed outside until he came. We walked through the house together trying to find what all they had taken. Three tv's, playstation 3, Xbox 360, all the games to both, my mac book, ipod, ipad, and another laptop, and a duffel bag. Everything gone within seconds!

After the police office walked around the house and outside, it was determined that the robbers must have went to the house next to us first (b/c it's for sale), looked in the back window and noticed nothing was there. Then they proceeded to just back straight into our backyard and up to our door. They first tried to get in through the windows because the screen on our bedroom window was torn off and so was the kitchen. Then they kicked down the back door.

The crime scene investigator was wonderful and was able to get several prints from around the house. The robbers left a hand print on the window outside, one on the window of the door and all over the places where these items were at. After he left, we boarded up the back door, and started cleaning. I changed the bed since they had moved the bed, washed our clothes they touched and wiped down the light switches. I couldn't stand the thought of someone touching all my stuff.

Josh and I were able to stay and sleep in the house last night. Mom and dad went and got Ellie from school and kept her overnight. It was a very scary situation. I am thankful that I didn't have her with me, and that we were not at home at the time. Like I said, earlier all our things can be replaced.

No comments: