background

Sunday, April 24, 2011

What else will happen this year?

Well since the break-in, not too much has happened... thankfully!!

This past week, we had our first trip for x-rays. I have been waiting for this day, seeing as how our daughter is not a girl at all. She is a little tomboy like I was. Always running, jumping, spinning, and playing. Well, last Friday Ellie and I were playing (running actually) throughout the house. She went running into her room and looked back at me and ran into the door frame. She hit it so hard that it spun her around and she landed on her back. She immediately started screaming and would not move her arm. I grabbed her up, sat on the couch and tried to get her to show me were it hurt. She pointed to her wrist and I grabbed our ice pack and put it on there and tried to get her to calm down. Daddy came home soon after and I told him I think she really hurt it. So we got to moving it around and she stopped crying. So we thought she was fine. Saturday, she only complained maybe two or three times. Sunday, she said nothing about it. So Monday comes around and I send her on to school. I did however make sure to tell her teachers what had happened so that if she complains they know what it was from. About 10:30 I get a call from school. Sure enough, she had fallen off the merry-go-round at school and hurt her arm again. The teachers said they would watch her until I got there. Well, this time of year you can't get a sub at all. So poor Ellie had to wait it out until the end of the day. She was fine when I picked her up. Even using her hand!! But I went ahead and took her to the doctor.
I was really afraid that she would not let them take x rays of her arm. She is not one for sitting still. But Ellie was excellent! She sat perfectly still the entire time the lady took x rays!! We only had to wait about 5 minutes for the doctor to see them and send us on our way to the orthopedic doctor. We then went down the road to the TOC and got a cast put on. Again, Ellie was great. She sat still and let the nurse put on her cast. She even picked out the color... purple.
When we finally made it home, Josh was already there. As soon as Ellie saw him, she said "Hey daddy look at what I got." (held up her hand). Josh felt so bad for her that he went to Walmart and bought her some popsicles and a movie. It only took her about six hours to realize that cast are not very fun. At about 12:30 that night, she woke me up crying wanting me to take it off. She has had it a week now, and seems to be doing much better with it. I haven't heard her complaining about it. The biggest thing she probably hates about it is that she can't go on the playground at school anymore (at least until she gets it off). So, its finally become second nature to her now. She is becoming a left handed person. I have noticed in the last two days that she does everything left handed now. But, when you look at it from a softball coach point of view, I like it. Left handed batters are great! LOL!
Well we only have two more full weeks with it on. Hopefully we can all make it!

No comments: