background

Monday, March 24, 2008

In the beginning...






I guess I need to start from the beginning. Josh and I have been married almost three years now. We finally got pregnant after about six months of trying. I have to say, we were more than excited when we found out. I had a really great pregnancy. No morning sickness, no aches or pains, not alot of weight gain. As my doctor said "a textbook pregnancy". I was induced on Feb. 4th, 2008. I don't think either of us got any sleep the night before. We were so excited!! We got to the hospital at 5 am, admitted at 6am, broke my water and started pitocin at 8 am and she was born at 11:26 am. It went by so fast, I don't think I really had time to react.






So far these last 7 weeks have been a learning experience for both of us. We have nephews and knew the basic stuff of child care, but it really is completely different when it's your child. You have to be the mind reader and try to figure out why your child won't quit crying at 3 am. Is it the diaper... NO, is it she's hungry... NO, it is she's hot or cold... NO, is it she just wants to be held... NO, is it she just wants to test mom and dad's reaction to her continuous screaming... DING DING YOUR ARE CORRECT! But when she is laying in your arms and smiling or sleeping... that makes up for all the other times. I know you have heard this time and time again, but I never believed in love at first sight until I had her. It's wonderful and overwhelming all at the same time.


I do have to say that Ellison really is a great baby. She sleeps for at least 5 hours when we first put her down, and then she will eat and sleep for another 4 hours. Throughout the day she sleeps about an hour but eats every 3 hours. Sometimes she will love mommy enough to sleep for 3 hours so she can get things done.


Next week will be the true test for me though. I will start back to school. We have been leaving her and going on date night or just to Walmart and that is not a problem to do. I am ready to get back to my normal routine... as normal as it can be now. I have always told Josh that I can not be a stay at home mom. I just about die during the summer because I am stuck in the house all day. In fact I am going crazy now, ready to get out! Everyone thinks I am weird for not wanting to stay at home. It might change once I am away from her for more than a couple of hours. We will just have to see. I am worried how getting ready in the morning, feeding her and getting out of the door on time is going to be. I am also worried about how I am going to find the time and privacy to pump at school. I am going to have to do it at some point. I won't be able to handle it if I don't!






Well I think I have bored you guys enough. Please keep reading and visiting my blog!!

1 comment:

The Etheredge Family said...

Fantastic!!! Great Job. I really enjoy blogging and I think you will too. Post as many pictures as possible! I love looking at our Ellie.

Love Granby