background

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Big Night

Well, I had a big night last night. Friday night was our annual Baseball/ Softball Chili Supper and Bingo night at school. I was totally stressed about it because I had to do most the work for it. I was really hoping that I didn't forget anything and that it was going to be great. Well, guess what? It went better than I could have expected. We had so many people there that we had to send our kids to the gym to pick up folding chairs for the overflow of people to have a seat!! It was wonderful!!! We had about 15 crock pots of chili and several desserts. We had plenty of food except for crackers (we ran out). Lots of people stayed and played bingo. We had about 16 gifts to give out and two money prizes. Overall, we made lots of money. Enough to cover my umpire fee and have plenty to spend on tournaments and other things. It was a huge success!! I am really anxious to see how big it will be next year.

Well, Monday starts our first official day of practice. We can finally hit and really get after it. I think we will be okay this year. My team is very very young and this (and probably next year) will be a rebuilding year. But so far it is going great. I'm ready to get the games underway!!

No comments: